The Stand Up Paddle Association of Molokai (SUPAM) will be starting its second annual race series with Makani Ikaika O Molokai.
New for 2012 will be the introduction of a one-man division. The main goal of this grassroots-level series is to have fun and condition for the bigger races around the state.
There will be two courses: Kamalo to Kaunakakai Harbor for advanced paddlers, and One Ali’i Fish pond to the Harbor for beginners and intermediates.
SUPAM will be conducting training sessions on Tuesdays for advanced paddlers from 3:30-6 p.m., and on Thursdays for the beginners/intermediate from 4-6 p.m. Weekend training runs and early morning sessions will also be held for advanced paddlers that are interested in getting more time on the water.
For more information, contact Clare Seeger Mawae at firstname.lastname@example.org or 808-336-0946.
1. Saturday, March 10, 2:30 p.m. (0.8ft)-2.45 p.m. start. Rising tide until 5.30 p.m. (1.9 ft.).
2. Saturday, March 24, 2 p.m. (1.0 ft.) start. Rising tide till 4:45 p.m. (1.8 ft.).
3. Saturday, April 7, 1:30 p.m. (1.1ft.) start. Rising tide till 4.20 p.m. (2.2 ft.).
4. Saturday, April 21, 1 p.m. (1.1 ft.) start. Rising tide till 3:52 p.m. (2.0 ft.).
5. Saturday, May 5, noon start (1.0 ft.). Rising tide till 3:15 p.m. (2.4 ft.).
6. Saturday, May 19, noon (1.2 ft.). Rising tide till 3:04 p.m. (2.2 ft.). Molokai Holokai Race — Kamalo Harbor to Hotel Molokai, 8.5 miles — for both divisions, and bonus points for the series. Contact the Ohana Surf Club for more information
7. Saturday, June 2, 11 a.m. (1.1 ft.). Rising tide till 2:20 p.m. (2.5 ft.). This event is pending confirmation.